Keep Your Smoke Alarm System Compliant with Brisbane Fire Services
Is a smoke alarm at your business malfunctioning or failing? If so, then you are likely due for an inspection and fire safety assessment. At Brisbane Fire Services, we are here to help. We regularly work with commercial businesses such as yours to help ensure safe, reliable and compliant fire safety setups.
The Best Advice You Can Hear Regarding Smoke Alarm Testing in QLD
Every business needs to have a plan for smoke alarm testing in QLD. Here are a few tips to keep in mind to make sure your fire safety strategy is enough to keep your property, your tenants and your visitors safe:
- Know the compliance requirements: The most important thing you can do with your fire safety system is to remain compliant with relevant laws. Under Australian Standard 1851-2012, there are requirements for the monthly, six-monthly and annual testing and assessment of different fire detection components. Knowing and following these requirements will not only save you from noncompliance issues but will also keep your building safer.
- Keep an eye out for problems: If a smoke detector is malfunctioning, disconnected, broken or otherwise showing signs that it isn’t currently effective, don’t wait until your next routine assessment and service to get the issue fixed. Instead, call to schedule a repair for your smoke alarm in Queensland—right away, if possible.
- Work with a company that arranges these services upfront: You don’t want to have to deal with scheduling individual fire safety services every month. Instead, choose a company that will schedule standing appointments to check and service your smoke alarms regularly. At Brisbane Fire Services, our clients receive monthly testing for their fire alarm panels and don’t need to worry about remembering to schedule the service every few weeks.
Why Smoke Alarm Testing in Brisbane Is Cost-Effective
When it comes to servicing a smoke alarm in Brisbane, it might seem like an expensive hassle to keep up with all the regular inspection and maintenance requirements. However, the fact is that staying compliant with these requirements—or even going above and beyond them—is always more cost-effective than being cavalier about fire safety. Here’s why:
- Vigilant fire safety upkeep saves lives and protects property: Smoke alarms are your first defence against fire. They detect the early signs of a blaze, giving the people in your building the warning they need to get out before the fire spreads. Also, they give you time to contact the fire department and hopefully get the fire put out before it causes too much damage. Given the value of saving lives and preventing property damage, the costs of maintaining a smoke alarm in QLD are miniscule compared to the benefits they can yield.
- Noncompliance can be costly: Say you are breaching Australian Standard 1851-2012 by not keeping up with your building’s fire safety assessment requirements. If there is a fire, you could be considered negligent and held responsible for any property damage, injury or death that occurs as a result. These breaches in compliance can be costly to resolve and are enough to ruin a business and its reputation.
- Proper maintenance provides peace of mind: Knowing that your building is as protected as possible against fire safety threats is a peace-of-mind benefit on its own. You will be glad to know that, if your building does catch fire, you have all the systems in place to alert those in the building.
Why Trust Brisbane Fire Services Regarding Smoke Alarm Systems
When it comes to smoke alarm testing in Brisbane, you need a business you can trust. What makes Brisbane Fire Services that business? Here are a few factors:
- Our industry experience: We have 13 years of experience in the fire safety industry, including four years’ operating this particular business. We are trade-qualified technicians that bring a focus on quality craft to every job we do.
- Our knowledge of compliance standards: We know fire safety standards backwards and forwards. From smoke alarms to fire extinguishers to hydrants and hose reels, our services are all driven by a desire to help our customers remain compliant with Australian Standard 1851-2012.
- Our cost-effective services: We believe that it shouldn’t cost a fortune to keep your building safe and compliant. We offer a fair pricing structure that is competitive with any other local fire safety business.
About Brisbane Fire Services
We are a small family-owned and operated business that services commercial companies in Brisbane and throughout southeast Queensland. If you need help with a smoke alarm, a fire hydrant, an exit lighting setup or anything else related to building fire safety, give us a call today.