Maintain Emergency Lighting with the Help of Brisbane Fire Services
During a fire or some other workplace emergency, the emergency lighting in your building can mean the difference between employees finding their way to safety and getting trapped on the third or fourth floor with no way out. At Brisbane Fire Services, we help commercial businesses make sure their emergency lights are operational and ready for the worst.
How Much Do You Know about Emergency Lighting?
To understand the importance of regular exit light maintenance, it is vital to know a few points about these installations and why they matter. Here are a few key titbits to remember:
- Australian Standards have numerous requirements regarding emergency lights: Australian Standards require that emergency lights be placed in specific spots and undergo regular inspections and tests. Your building must be compliant with these requirements.
- Exit lighting is intended primarily for low-visibility situations: Exit lighting is particularly important in scenarios where the power goes out. Emergency lights have their own power source, which means they can remain illuminated even if the rest of the lights in the building go out. Inspections for exit lights even include tests that require the lights to remain illuminated on their own for at least 90 minutes.
Navigating a building in low-light conditions is more difficult than most people realise—especially in high-stress situations. Investing in quality emergency lighting in QLD helps ensure that navigation remains possible even in these severe scenarios.
The Best Advice You Can Hear Regarding Exit Lighting
As you plan a maintenance strategy for your exit lighting in Brisbane, keep these tips in mind to ensure the best results:
- Comply with Australian standards: There are six-month and 12-month testing requirements for emergency lights, including inspection, cleaning and tube replacement. Learn these requirements and take care to abide by them.
- Deal with problem emergency lights as soon as possible: If you notice that an emergency light in your building is not illuminating, call Brisbane Fire Services right away to get the issue repaired.
- Schedule an audit of your exit lights: In addition to providing repair and maintenance services, our business can also audit your building and make sure you have exit lights installed at all the prime spots. If your building is older, if you are completing a renovation or it’s been a few years since you had a fire safety audit, this service is highly recommended.
Why Trust Brisbane Fire Services with Your Emergency Lighting in Brisbane
What makes Brisbane Fire Services the right option to service your emergency lighting in Brisbane? Here are a few reasons to choose us:
- Our experience: Our owner has more than 13 years in the fire safety industry under his belt. His knowledge of compliance requirements and fire safety systems is extensive and reliable.
- Our range of services: We can carry out all inspections of emergency lights, repair broken lighting systems, install new exit lights and more.
- Our promptness: We understand how important it is to have a functional exit light setup in your business. If you are having an issue with your system, give us a call, and we will be there as soon as we can to provide a fix.
About Brisbane Fire Services
In addition to emergency lighting, we are proud to provide services for other fire safety needs—such as extinguishers, fire blankets, hydrants, hose reels, smoke detectors, fire alarm systems and more. Contact us today to get started.